Top 5 Global Pharma Organization
Sales Incentives Calculations & Reporting Management for the US
- Sales Incentive Calculation Engine & Field Reporting for a leading animal health organization:
- Deployed system with automated one-click processing
- Integrated data transformation through parameterized web-based interfaces for monthly calculations
a) Challenges faced by the clients’ sales operations team with their previous SPM solution:
- Significant manual touchpoints due to plan complexity
- Manual data collection and transformation from source systems
- Certain components not implemented due to complexity
- Lengthy processing timeline of 2 weeks with high stakeholder involvement
- Tedious change management process delaying rollout
- Offline management of payment approval process
- Tedious plan change process without access to analytics or plan modeling ecosystem
b) Objectives of reaching out to the organization:
- Automate calculation of sales incentives
- Enable in-house management without external consultants
- Deliver agility & responsiveness
- Pull data from internal sources automatically
- Provide flexibility for managing complex plan types and performance measures
- Easy-to-use platform for in-house management
- React and adapt for faster system rollout for ad-hoc plan changes
- Automatic data ingestion and transformation
- Support for various plan types and complex calculations
- Access to relevant functionality based on evolving business requirements
- Configure plan acknowledgment and multi-level payment approval workflows
- Deploy integrated sales incentive platform with quarterly change management support
- High levels of automation and repeatability to focus on business, not incentives systems.
- Aurochs team conducted a comprehensive Proof of Concept (POC) for one of the most complex business units in the US.
- Results from the POC were compared with the client’s existing system to demonstrate solution capabilities.
- The POC involved the following activities:
- Detailed analysis of the client’s requirements and business processes.
- Implementation of the solution to address the specific needs of the complex business unit.
- Testing and validation of the solution against the client’s existing system.
- Presentation of the POC results to the client for evaluation and feedback.
Incentive Platforms Rollout
- Implemented plan changes for the new year
- The implementation required changing the core measure from multi-level goal attainment to a layered ranking plan.
- Eligibility exceptions were further changed to account for the new plan type.
- Complete incentive system implementation process finalized with detailed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) conducted with the client.
- Key performance outcomes:
- Complete automation of complex eligibility calculation paradigm with no manual intervention.
- Implementation process completed in 4 weeks, compared to 13 weeks in the legacy system.
- Plan and report changes implemented for annual plan changes live in a workshop within approximately 4 hours, compared to 3 weeks in the legacy system.
- Total operations time reduced by over 50%.
- Standardization in implementation facilitated easy resource transition and reduced project risk.
- Integrated quality assurance framework identified input issues early, reducing output processing timeline by over 50%.
- Contract secured to deploy an incentive compensation solution suite in more than 100 countries across 3 key businesses.